View Single Post
  #58   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster

Default Home Depot Lifetime Service adventure

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 9:14:37 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

With all due respect...;~) You are a big boy! I considered a Ridgid
drill several years ago and felt that the only down fall was that they
were Heavy. Your coworkers and contractors may feel the same way.
It is probably your manly muscle bound hands and arms shield you from
the drawback of heavy tools. ;~)

I am still laughing my butt off at that, Leon. And just so you will know, I prefer to think of myself of 280 pounds of boyish fun. :^)

Even though I might use them all day, unless it is ridiculous, I never consider a tool's weight. So ya got me there. And you are right that my co workers and fellow contractors ARE concerned with tool weight and size. What a bunch of weenies, eh? ;^)

But size matters. (Did you hear the cymbal crash and Ed MacMahon's "hiyo"?)

All the Milwaukee, Makita and the Ridgid line of drills and saws have handles that are just entirely too small for me, the little 12v Ridgid drills being the exception. The brands I see at the big home stores are uncomfortable as I can barely get my palm and fingers between the trigger and and battery, and then I feel like I am holding a skinny broom stick. Same with most of their other tools in their lines.

I used to be a fan of DeWalt because they had great grips on some of their tools, but due to reliability issues I don't buy anything DeWalt anymore.

I am off to the salt mine. My manly self is charged this morning with final selection of paint colors, counter top color and texture as well as window treatment selections. I already picked out the floor treatments and other paint colors, so I might just stop by the tea room on the way out to the design center.

It isn't easy being me... ;^)

Robert