Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default SawStop vs. Bosch-- Let the Games Begin!!

On 3/19/2015 7:44 AM, hubops wrote:

Their brake doesn't destroy the blade and works on any sized bade,

SS destrroys the blade when deployed?

And the brake mechanism, about $200 all in. OTOH, when you pull your
hand back, you'll be happy to reach into your wallet with it. ;-)

The few SawStop mechanisms that I've sold - were all due to
" non personal " contact - ie : wet wood and metal ..
John T.

Which reminds me, I need to call SS and inquire into the details of
cutting wet wood. I have cut wet wood and the saw simply shut down
after cutting a few inches. It continued to do this until I used the
over ride switch. But I wonder what is going to happen if I cut into my
aluminum miter fence...