Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default SawStop vs. Bosch-- Let the Games Begin!!

On 3/18/2015 8:56 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/18/15 8:55 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 20:15:38 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 3/18/15 8:12 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:00:58 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:23:16 -0500 -MIKE-
wrote:

Their brake doesn't destroy the blade and works on any sized
bade,

SS destrroys the blade when deployed?

And the brake mechanism, about $200 all in. OTOH, when you pull
your hand back, you'll be happy to reach into your wallet with it.
;-)

You'll do the same with the Bosch, except you'll be right back to work
after switching the brake firing mechanism around because it works
twice, instead of once. PLUS you won't be out a blade.

Sure. Wake me up when it comes on a real saw.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to carry my cabinet saw out to
a work site.

No kidding.... I think it was very wise of Bosch to go for the
contractor market as those guys are the ones that spend the most hours
in a day and working in locations that are not great.
Between Bosch and SawStop I think there is going to be faster
acceptance/switch to these saws than the stationary units.