Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default SawStop vs. Bosch-- Let the Games Begin!!

On 3/18/15 10:54 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/18/2015 7:56 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/18/15 6:43 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/18/2015 4:12 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/16/15 12:23 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
It seems Bosch has built the better mouse trap. Their brake
doesn't destroy the blade and works on any sized bade,
including dado sets. I wonder what the lawyer fees amount to?
:-)

http://www.woodmagazine.com/blogs/woodworking-blog/2015/03/16/bosch-develops-tablesaw-with-blade-brake-safety/

Here she is!

http://youtu.be/nbDf2dpQVIY

Interesting, and also interesting more expensive than the SawStop
by a few hundred dollars. The SS seems to have a lot of cool
features.

http://www.sawstop.com/table-saws/by...e-saw#overview

The Bosch had a lot of cool features, too, from what I could tell.
Also, I don't know what the SawStop MSRP is, but I'm thinking they
are like Festool in that they don't allow much discounting by the
retailer.

I think you are right about not having wiggle room for pricing but
surprisingly Woodcraft has the SawStop on their site for $1299.00.
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/862...and-Fence.aspx

You just have to think the Bosch will sell for that price in the store.
I don't see them going through the trouble to compete with the only
other saw that does the same thing, without competing in price, too.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--