Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Home Depot Lifetime Service adventure

On 3/18/15 2:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 12:52:44 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/18/15 11:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 10:50:47 AM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:

That was my experience. I hear people complaining all the
time about how difficult their registration process is. I
think the internet and instant results to everything have
spoiled a lot of people. Any time you have to mail anything
in and wait a couple weeks, people act like they're making you
cross the Rockies in a covered wagon.

I don't know when the last time those "people" tried to register
a product, but - unless they contact me - I won't have to mail
anything in.

My experience was indeed the "internet and instant results" we
have become accustomed to. I have to hand it to HD for making the
process so simple. One could argue that it is to their
disadvantage to have eliminated the need for us to mail in the
paperwork. The easier they make it, the more people will
register, the more it may cost them. On the other hand, they
don't have to pay as many people (or a service) to handle all of
the registration paperwork and match it up with the information
submitted on line. (Imagine doing *that* job day in and day
out!)

Interesting. Do you know approximately when you registered? Mine
was June, 2012. I'm guessing they've been streamlining the process
which would be good news for all.

Approximately...yesterday. ;-)

Funny! Well then, I'd say they are definitely streamlining the process,
due in part, no doubt, to the complaints about "hoops" through which to
jump. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)