Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Home Depot Lifetime Service adventure

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 12:52:44 PM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/18/15 11:24 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 10:50:47 AM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:

That was my experience. I hear people complaining all the time
about how difficult their registration process is. I think the
internet and instant results to everything have spoiled a lot of
people. Any time you have to mail anything in and wait a couple
weeks, people act like they're making you cross the Rockies in a
covered wagon.

I don't know when the last time those "people" tried to register a
product, but - unless they contact me - I won't have to mail anything
in.

My experience was indeed the "internet and instant results" we have
become accustomed to. I have to hand it to HD for making the process
so simple. One could argue that it is to their disadvantage to have
eliminated the need for us to mail in the paperwork. The easier they
make it, the more people will register, the more it may cost them. On
the other hand, they don't have to pay as many people (or a service)
to handle all of the registration paperwork and match it up with the
information submitted on line. (Imagine doing *that* job day in and
day out!)

Interesting. Do you know approximately when you registered?
Mine was June, 2012.
I'm guessing they've been streamlining the process which would be good
news for all.

Approximately...yesterday. ;-)