Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Home Depot Lifetime Service adventure

Mike Marlow wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm curious as to why they replaced the batteries under warranty. If
I understand the terms of the warranty correctly, wouldn't "dead
batteries" after 4 -5 years of use be excluded due to the "normal
wear and tear" clause?

Though it does seem like there is a Catch-22 in the warranty
conditions, all I can say is that I have had my batteries both
replaced under warranty, after maybe 3-4 years of use. No questions
asked. In fact - the service center appologized that they did not
have the smaller batteries that my tools came with, and asked if I
would accept the full size batteries as the replacement battery. Gee...
Here is an excerpt from their warranty page that is somewhat
different from what you found...

*** Begin Included Text ***

3-Year Limited Warranty and LSA
What is Covered? (applies to the 3-Year Limited Warranty, the Lifetime
Service Agreement, and the Recon Limited Warranty)

The 3 Year Limited Warranty, The Recon Limited Warranty and the
Lifetime Service Agreement covers all worn parts in properly
maintained tools. This includes normal wear items such as brushes,
chucks, motors, switches, gears and even cordless batteries in your
qualifying RIDGIDŽ Brand hand held and stationary power tools. These
programs also cover replacement rings, driver blades and bumpers on
RIDGIDŽ Brand pneumatic tools. This service coverage does not apply
to other ineligible RIDGIDŽ Brand products.
*** End Included Text ***

BTW - when I go to my account on the Ridgid website, and display my
registered tools, those that are covered by the LSA are listed, and after
that listing there is a button that links to the warranty section. Pressing
that button takes me to the 3 year, LSA warranty page. Not sure why they
have the difference between this page and the "other" Lifetime warranty
page.

--

-Mike-