Darrell Feltmate

Default hallowing tools

William
Just a thought or two here on making your own tools. As you say, at this
point you are not into making your own. Makes sense to me. I like the
thought of making the tool that makes the piece, but not everyone likes
to make tools. However, for hollowing the tools are easy. If you do
general wood working you have all the skills. Basically you need an
Oland tool with a straight tip and one going off at 45 degrees. Both
should use a 3/16" cutting tip. If you find that you do not like
hollowing, you are only out a few dollars. Recently I made myself a pair
of 5/8" shaft, 3/16" cutting tip hollowing tools with arm brace handles
for less than C$20.00 total. Quite the savings.
--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate