Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default no more Jet for me

"Leon" wrote in message

Electric Comet wrote:

Never had heard of felder or hammer
they are together now and the products look similar

Jeez, Are you relatively new to wood working equipment? :-). I think
the first time I heard of those two brands was back in the late 70's or
early 80's. I think they are similar like Grizzly and Shop Fox and or
some of Jet andPowermatic products.

Much of the Felder and Hammer stuff I've seen was geared more towards
commercial shops... European designs, big stuff, relatively expensive.
Not that a well heeled hobbyist with lots of space wouldn't be
interested... ;~) I like their sliding table saws, the big
jointer/planners, and shapers. If I hit a big lottery of some sort I
could see having a big shop full of the stuff.... ;~)

The first time I saw Felder tools in person Frank Klausz was manning the
booth and playing with a jointer/planner...

John

It is a real treat to see the innovation and quality of the Euro
machines. But they are geared to the committed and commercial
applications. I was real close to going with the Laguna TSS with
scoring blade. My Jet cabinet saw was only 13 years old but my wife
indicated that she would not mind me upgrading to the Industrial SawStop
after watching me perform an operation that made her a bit concerned.
The Laguna would have offered a lot of extra perks but would have been
about $1000 more expensive equally equipped. In the end the safety of
the SawStop trumped the Laguna along with a familiar American style
operational set up.