Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default no more Jet for me

"Leon" wrote in message

Electric Comet wrote:

Never had heard of felder or hammer
they are together now and the products look similar

Jeez, Are you relatively new to wood working equipment? :-). I think
the first time I heard of those two brands was back in the late 70's or
early 80's. I think they are similar like Grizzly and Shop Fox and or
some of Jet andPowermatic products.

Much of the Felder and Hammer stuff I've seen was geared more towards
commercial shops... European designs, big stuff, relatively expensive. Not
that a well heeled hobbyist with lots of space wouldn't be interested... ;~)
I like their sliding table saws, the big jointer/planners, and shapers. If I
hit a big lottery of some sort I could see having a big shop full of the
stuff.... ;~)

The first time I saw Felder tools in person Frank Klausz was manning the
booth and playing with a jointer/planner...

John