Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default no more Jet for me

Electric Comet wrote:
On Sun, 01 Mar 2015 09:57:53 -0600
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

Laguna, Minimax, Felder, Hammer, to name a few. In particular I was
looking at the MiniMax MM16 BS.

Never had heard of felder or hammer
they are together now and the products look similar

Jeez, Are you relatively new to wood working equipment? :-). I think
the first time I heard of those two brands was back in the late 70's or
early 80's. I think they are similar like Grizzly and Shop Fox and or
some of Jet andPowermatic products.

Woodcraft and IIRC Rockler sell Laguna. Their floor models are not

Laguna sells direct too
A while ago I recall seeing laguna bandsaws on amazon but don't recall
who the seller was. Might have been rockler

When I bought about 8 years ago you still had to buy direct from Laguna.
I would say that if you buy direct you might get a few more perks and or
blades thrown in. Also if you get on Laguna's email list they will let
you know when tools go on sale or have a demo sale.

the HD series IIRC. Still those saws are/were still built in Europe
but it seems to be the consensus that the better band saws are the
Italian built ones. My LT16HD weighs 465 lbs.

That's a lot of bandsaw