Posted to rec.woodworking
Max[_6_] Max[_6_] is offline

Default Centech inspection camera

On 3/8/2015 2:22 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 2:09:06 PM UTC-4, Max wrote:
On 3/7/2015 9:34 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 21:41:57 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

On 3/7/15 9:33 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 20:00:24 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

What backpedaling. I quoted HF policy as clearly printed on their
coupons.
And I said in my first post (again, which you conveniently snipped out
in your reply) that managers can override it.

Seems to me like you're trying to win an argument that your created.
You must be bored. Why don't you go build something.

OK, I'll play along.

What 'Sale' item(s) did you have a problem using a 20% coupon with?
Which HF store(s) did said problem arise? Nashville? Antioch? Clarksville?

There is no "argument" for me to win, Skippy. I simply enjoy watching
you dance ;-)

If that's what it takes to give you an enjoyable evening, I'm happy to
oblige.

Bon Appétit: http://oi33.tinypic.com/2hr1g5c.jpg

I'm not so sure your gloating is all that appropriate.
My experience seems to reflect _Mike-'s
It all depends on location, location, location.

I'm curious (not trying to be right, just curious): What happens when you present the 20% coupon at the locations where it is not accepted? Does the cashier refuse to scan it or does (s)he scan it and then tell you that it will not be honored based on the computer's response?

I only ask because the thread I linked to seems to indicate that in the cases where the cashier has told the customer that they couldn't use the coupon, it turns out that once the customer requested that it be scanned, they were able to use it.

Another possibility: Is it possible that the items you've tried to purchase were specifically excluded? Again, just curious. As noted in that thread - and in my experience - there are sale items that allow the extra discount and then there are sales item that don't. This can be tested at hf.com.

Could it be less about location and more about specific sale items?

I guess a perfect test would be for one of you to go to a location where the coupon has been denied and attempt to purchase the same item that others have had no problem with. For example, the Magnetic Base, item 5645. That item is currently on sale for $2 off. I was able to use the 20% off coupon at a physical location and apply a 25% off coupon code on the website. No manager intervention required. If you guys aren't able to use the 20% off coupon at the stores where you have been denied in the past, we would have the definitive answer. Perhaps we just haven't been comparing the proverbial apples.

Any volunteers?

Having said that, I've noticed that certain personality types need
repeated assurance that they're "always right". ;-)

To be honest I don't do that much business at HF and my anecdotal
experiences wouldn't be of much use in a "contest".
I have purchased hydraulic jacks (which leaked after a few years use).
jack stands (that still "stand") welding magnets, etc. IOW, nothing
where precision counts. My purchases at HF are such that if the checker
says "no" to a coupon it's not an arguable situation. My response is
usually, "OK, charge it, bag it" (and let me out of here because I'm
usually in a hurry) The only power tool I can remember buying is one of
those Oscillating Multifunction Power Tools. I gave it to my neighbor,
ordered one made by Bosch and never looked back. (I have numerous Bosch
tools)
We have two HF locations here, both run by the same guy.
They do a thriving business with folks from Juarez.
I might add that I get the e-mail notices about sales and the coupons.

We also have a Northern Tool store and the whole shopping experience is
totally different; friendly folks, accommodating management, cleaner
appearing store, etc. I recently bought a Milwaukee 4 1/2" disc grinder
for $79. and am well pleased with it.