Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Centech inspection camera

On 3/7/2015 6:59 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Unquestionably Confused wrote:

[snip]

Reading this, I think that I might be tempted to look around and see
if I could locate my 18" stainless steel flat ruler and try sliding
it side to side as I pulled it slowly forward...

Might work - if you can open the drawer just a little bit.

After I posted that the OP said he had tried similar with a coat hanger
and abandoned the effort. Still, there's gotta be enough of a reveal on
that drawer front to get something like a thin knife blade into it. The
ruler made the most sense to me simply because I have one sitting in the
computer desk, it's strong and thinner than a knife blade, and, more
importantly, I've solved this very problem with it on numerous
occasions. The OP isn't the only one who harbors a SWMBO who can
overload a drawerg.

Actually, you'd want the drawer fully closed when you started so that
whatever is jamming it is free to move (well, as freely as possible) in
the vertical plane. If the drawer is out a bit and it's already jammed,
it just makes it more difficult.