Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Centech inspection camera

Spalted Walt wrote in
:

Be very careful with those flashlight apps!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8xz8xKEFvU

http://www.snoopwall.com/threat-reports-10-01-2014/

https://blogs.mcafee.com/consumer/an...pp-steals-data

I checked permissions before I installed it. The only permission
requested was use of the camera (which is required to access the flash).

It is good to be wary and always check the requested permissions before
you install. Avoid any app that asks for permissions that can't be
explained (why would a flashlight app need the "phone dialer"*
permission?).

*"Phone dialer" usually indicates the app has ads. One ad network
Windows Phone apps use requires this permission.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.