Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Centech inspection camera

On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 5:11:50 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper at dot wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

We have a quite a number of the free HF flashlights lying around the
house.

We like to keep one near the thermostat so we can read/set it in the
dark, there's usually one by the coffee maker because the LED clock is
hard to read while setting, etc. Problem is, I keep grabbing them for
other uses, forgetting to put them back, and then SWMBO gets ****ed at
me.

Just before Christmas I picked up another free one, took it out of the
package, used White-Out to "engrave" SWMBO's name on the flashlight
and put it back in the package. I then wrapped it in a fancy box,
added a bow and put it under the tree.

SWMBO now keeps it on her desk and I make sure I never touch it. She
always has a flashlight, even when I forget to put back the other
ones. She still reminds when I forget to put one back, but at least
she always knows where she can find one if needed.

I'm such a giver.

I downloaded the flashlight app for my phone. For Windows Phone, it's
one of the most useful apps because it doesn't just give you a
flashlight, but a battery meter on the lock screen. Sure has come in
handy.

I've had flashlight apps in my phones for as long as they gave been available, and yes they are very convenient. However, having small flashlights strategically placed where required is even more convenient.

Even if I have my phone with me when setting the stat or making coffee (which is not always the case) a single button to turn on a real flashlight is easier than the minimum 4 steps it takes to turn on the phone's flashlight.

I don't even have to look at the flashlight to turn it on, not so with the app.