Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default garage door lubricant

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 12:37:31 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

I chipped and scraped out my grandmother's baked-on crust and cook
breakfast in a few drops of olive oil, then lightly wash the frypan
with Dawn and a plastic brush.

Ayieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Heathen monster!
Thou Shalt -Not- Soap the Cast Iron Pan, EVER!

I've been waiting for that mailbomb to explode.
What took so long?

http://www.thekitchn.com/5-myths-of-...ookware-206831
"Official word straight from a fourth-generation cast iron
manufacturer-soap will NOT ruin your cast."

I dilute the Dawn to 1/10 - 1/20 strength in the one-hand pump
dispenser beside the sink and squirt only a drop or two into the pan.
There isn't quite enough to remove all the olive oil and maybe sausage
fat. The water beads up and runs off when I hang the pan vertically
over the drying rack.

-jsw