Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default garage door lubricant

Ed Huntress fired this volley in
news
So, not being a mind reader, and not knowing where you got your ideas
about "boiled" linseed oil, I let it slide

You obviously know nothing but "lore" about BLO.

It is not "boiled", it is slow-cooked at steam temperatures to cause the
oils/fats to separate from the resins. It is then carefully decanted
first, then filtered through material preferential to fats, until only
the resinous parts remain.

You read. I do. I've made authentic BLO furniture finishes since the
early 1960s by the method above. They don't "harden in a month". They
'cure' in a week.

Lloyd