Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 9:1

Bob Engelhardt on Mon, 08 Jun 2015
09:08:53 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
DIY often means "We could have bought it for less ... but it was
the process which was why we did it."

I heartily agree! Not only the process, but the continuing satisfaction
when using the product of our own doing. However ... when the results
of doing it ourselves are not what we expected, there will be
disappointment; directly proportional to the time, effort and care that
we put into the project. Snag is putting a lot of care into his project
and there is the potential for a lot of disappointment.

"I'm not sure what I wanted to do, but this wasn't it." said
after renting a tractor for some back yard landscaping.
--
pyotr filipivich