Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 9:1

Gunner Asch on Sun, 07 Jun 2015 19:08:01 -0700
On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 17:31:20 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in news:ml2gce$oi0$1
:

Ah , but I will have the pleasure of having done it myself

Non-sequitor. I've built CNC systems from 'proper components' myself, and
you could, too. And it ultimately costs less than the troubles you'll have
with cobbled-up components.

"Do-it-yourself" has never intended to mean, "doing it the cheapest way
possible, without regard to results".

Lloyd

Lloyd is speaking some truth there...indeed.

DIY often means "We could have bought it for less ... but it was
the process which was why we did it."

Friend observed that, really, what he has invested in the time,
travel and wandering around - he could have gotten a job flipping
burgers and bought the stuff (he was getting at garage sales) new, and
still come out ahead. But that wasn't why he was out shopping the
yard sales in the first place.
--
pyotr filipivich