Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 9:1

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 07 Jun 2015 17:31:20 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in
news:ml2gce$oi0$1 @dont-email.me:

Ah , but I will have the pleasure of having done it myself

Non-sequitor. I've built CNC systems from 'proper components'
myself, and you could, too. And it ultimately costs less than the
troubles you'll have with cobbled-up components.

"Do-it-yourself" has never intended to mean, "doing it the cheapest
way possible, without regard to results".

Lloyd

Lloyd is speaking some truth there...indeed.

Who said anything about CNC ? I'm just trying to get a decent finish with
a face mill . If CNC is in my future , it won't be with cobbled components .
Ballscrews , servos , all kinds of things involved in building an integrated
system - and that ain't happenin' with what I have to work with AT THIS TIME
.. What I'm building will fulfill a need that *I* have , whether or not if
fills a need YOU have is irrelevant.

--
Snag