william_b_noble

Default New PM3520A, 2 questions.....

aaah, didn't realize it has vfd. Given that, you really don't have to
worry - every VFD I have seen has both a soft start (controlled
acelleration) feature and a max current limit - These are user
adjustable,though few wood turners mess with the parameters. I have a Delta
VFD-B series drive on my Logan metal lathe - it's a 3 HP drive running a 2
hp motor - so I set the current limit to a lower value suitable for my
motor. I also turned off the deceleration profile on "stop", so it would
coast to a stop (that way the emergency brake would work), and I changed the
accel profile to 15 sec from 30 because I'm impatient. On the other hand, I
haven't messed with the parameters on my Stubby wood lathe.

"Bill Rubenstein" wrote in message
. net...
One more correction. What you say is correct if we are talking about a

single phase motor.

This lathe comes with a VFD and a 3 phase motor. So, there is no

centrifugal switch because
there is no start winding. One of the many advantages of 3 phase motors

driven by a VFD

Bill R

snip-------