Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno is offline

Default Injection-Locked Oscillators

On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:40:54 -0800, John Larkin wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:52:33 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson

Fun thing discovered this morning. We make a 4-channel ARB that uses
THS3201s in the output stages. All four amps are oscillating at 1.408
GHz. That's exactly 11x the 128 MHz DAC clock; looks like a cooperative,
injection-locked oscillation.

We'll replace the amps with THS3001s. That will cost us a fraction of a
dB at 30 MHz sinewave out.

Moral: don't use more opamp than you have to.

or find a way to 'run' at an ideal 'locking frequency', and use the whole
thing to your advantage.

Make a better camera flash storage cap charger with it. :-)