Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

Default Injection-Locked Oscillators

Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:52:33 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson

James Authur is our local expert on injection-locked oscillators. He
seems to check out sed now and then. I have his email around here
somewhere if you want to ping him directly.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson

James Authur is our local expert on injection-locked oscillators. He
seems to check out sed now and then. I have his email around here
somewhere if you want to ping him directly.

Yes, please. Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On 01/28/2015 05:52 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson

Perhaps not the tutorial that you are looking for, but I had this on my
list of links on the topic
http://rfic.eecs.berkeley.edu/~nikne...ionlocking.pdf

Injection locking is a nonlinear phenomenon. Topics which are inherently
related to this are stability, bifurcations... Some years ago we
investigated injection locking on a switched oscillator, with the
objective of replicating a "synchronous oscillator", a nice circuit
proposed by a guy named Uzunoglu.

Hope this helps!

Pere

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson

There are a lot articles about injection locking (microwave oven)
magnetrons. The first search result for "injection locking" and
"magnetron" points to an IEEE article and at least according to the
abstract, contains also equations for oscillators in general, not just
magnetrons.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

On Thu, 29 Jan 2015 09:43:10 +0100, o pere o wrote:

On 01/28/2015 05:52 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson

Perhaps not the tutorial that you are looking for, but I had this on my
list of links on the topic
http://rfic.eecs.berkeley.edu/~nikne...ionlocking.pdf

Injection locking is a nonlinear phenomenon. Topics which are inherently
related to this are stability, bifurcations... Some years ago we
investigated injection locking on a switched oscillator, with the
objective of replicating a "synchronous oscillator", a nice circuit
proposed by a guy named Uzunoglu.

Hope this helps!

Pere

Thanks! Nice one!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson

Fun thing discovered this morning. We make a 4-channel ARB that uses
THS3201s in the output stages. All four amps are oscillating at 1.408
GHz. That's exactly 11x the 128 MHz DAC clock; looks like a
cooperative, injection-locked oscillation.

We'll replace the amps with THS3001s. That will cost us a fraction of
a dB at 30 MHz sinewave out.

Moral: don't use more opamp than you have to.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson

Fun thing discovered this morning. We make a 4-channel ARB that uses
THS3201s in the output stages. All four amps are oscillating at 1.408
GHz. That's exactly 11x the 128 MHz DAC clock; looks like a cooperative,
injection-locked oscillation.

We'll replace the amps with THS3001s. That will cost us a fraction of a
dB at 30 MHz sinewave out.

Moral: don't use more opamp than you have to.

or find a way to 'run' at an ideal 'locking frequency', and use the whole
thing to your advantage.

Make a better camera flash storage cap charger with it. :-)

Injection molding steamer Metalworking 9 March 10th 10 09:35 PM
DEBCO oscillators ??? walt Electronics Repair 0 March 3rd 10 12:41 AM
FS: HP/AGILENT 83525A (10MHz-8.4GHz) RFplugin (eg HP8350A/B, etc SWEEP OSCILLATORS) - RF/Microwave, near-new (WORKING), CALIBRATED in 2005. ITEM# REVISED Marco Licetti Electronics Repair 1 September 4th 06 06:08 AM
FS: HP AGILENT 83525A (10MHz-8.4GHz) RFplugin (eg HP8350A/B, etc. SWEEP OSCILLATORS) - RF/Microwave, near-NEW (WORKING), CALIBRATED in 2005. Marco Licetti Electronics Repair 0 August 27th 06 10:25 PM
DIY damp injection JK UK diy 9 October 13th 03 11:25 AM