Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.basics
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. is offline

Default Injection-Locked Oscillators

In article , To-Email-Use-
says...

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:18:12 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:52:33 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Where can I find a good tutorial on Injection-Locked Oscillators?

All I can find are application-specific papers, and I need just the
basic concepts to wrap my head around.

...Jim Thompson

James Authur is our local expert on injection-locked oscillators. He
seems to check out sed now and then. I have his email around here
somewhere if you want to ping him directly.

Yes, please. Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Injection is the method of injecting a periodic signal that
causes a free running signal to align at that moment and thus
the injected frequency and vco if you have it, will run together
in time.

example.

A flip flop circuit that is operating at high frequency can
receive a periodic pulse on one of its inputs forcing the flip
flop to restart itself and thus following output of the FF is
aligned, for a while anyway..

Put it in Phils H. terms, the injection forces the VCO to wiggle
one way or the other!

Jamie