Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Gerber Toilet Thread Update - Toilet Would Not Stop Running

Kate wrote:
Well, after I got one of the plumbing partners back here two weeks ago,
he never made one slight adjustment to it. He simply told me he hated
Kohler toilets (I have never had a problem with them) and I needed a
Gerber toilet. This is after three months of messing with it, including
three visits to my home. He installed two new Fluid Masters which
included the ballcock and flapper, both times.

I need to give credit where credit is due, thanks to all of you that
helped. Several people told me that the next time the toilet continues
to run, to take the tank lid off and see what happens. If the water
continues to drain past the hole, it is a flapper problem. This is
exactly what was happening.

I called the plumbers back, and luckily got the one that I really liked,
and I told him I was certain I had a faulty flapper, yep, this would be
the third one. I told him what was happening.
Before he got there, last Saturday, I took my hand and felt around the
flapper to be there were not rips, cuts, etc. in it. I also wiped
around the tank floor in case there was something holding up the flapper.

He installed another new flapper and I am happy to report it has been
working ever since. It will be a week tomorrow, and I have used it
heavily. I even instructed my company to use it. LOL

I find it hard to believe that it could have been three faulty flappers.

I hope I am not celebrating early, but right now it appears to be good
to go.

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks so much for all of the great help.
This group rocks!

Kate

Hi,
Flapper chain needs adjusstment properly. Maybe first plumber was lazy
bugger. What a waster.