Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer Pro DJ unit ...

Arfa Daily wrote:

** Odd that it's only one of them - bit like locking the front door at
night but leaving the back one open. IMO, the "blob" is most likely a
fusible resistor of about 100 ohms.

BTW: I only mentioned the single driven line type of balanced output to
explain my question about the owner noticing the difference.

Yeah, all noted Phil. It is definitely odd only having one blob. It might
make a bit more sense if it was in the ground leg, but it's not. It's in
either hot or cold - can't remember which without checking. As you say,
locking the front door and leaving the back open.

** XLR pin 2 is the standard for the hot connection on a speaker lead so I expect that is where Pioneer has it has installed.

Fusing the ground connection is bad for electrical safety.

The metalwork of a class 2 mixer normally becomes grounded when plugged into an amplifier or powered speaker - making it safe to touch even if something plugged into one of the inputs has a fault that tries to make it live.

.... Phil