Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Auto TV Picture Adjustment - VIR In the Digital Age?

Again isw/Isaac:

We're talking about the sets themselves, not
NTSC or ATSC transmissions. Those have 6500K
as the grayscale and D65 as the illuminant. If you
see a lot of blue from those marks then something
is wrong with what you are viewing them ON.

Most current Consumer TVs out of box are NOT
set for accurate viewing by either standard. A lot
of them may have an accurate preset(Movie or
THX), but are not set to that at the factory.

They are put in the bluest, brightest, over-
saturated, oversharpened mode possible, with
a bunch of edge enhancers and "noise reducers"
enabled, and most consumers don't even bother to look
for a menu where they can change that.

And trying to explain that to them, as it has
been trying to explain to some on here, is
akin to explaining it to a lamp post. It seems that
I must be the ONLY usenet participant on either
sci.electronics.repair, rec.video, or alt.video
who gives a crap about display accuracy and
calibration, because no one else cares to
bring it up.

JOE KANE where are you when we need you????