Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Any idea how to jury rig a dirty water pump to drain the last 3 inches?

On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 08:07:13 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 4/24/2015 1:59 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Oops. No wonder I couldn't find my shovel on the Ace web pile. It's
not a snow shovel, but rather a "grain scoop":
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3495129

The snow shovels found in NYS won't hold a half
gal of water:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...SnowShovel.png

We don't have much snow (or water) in California, so we don't know
what a proper snow shovel looks like. However, we do have plenty of
swimming pools and are quite experienced in using a plastic shovel to
remove debris from the bottom. When I managed my father's apartment
building, fishing everything from broken glass to animal carcasses out
of the pool was a regular task. (Note: shovel does not work on
furniture tossed into the pool during parties).

The half gallon capacity is my guess(tm), and probably wrong. If
anyone is interested, I can measure it this weekend.

The grain scoop might be handy for a list of jobs.

I've used it for everything except shoveling grain. The original
motivation for buying one will remain classified information, but
since then, it has performed well for all manner of cleanup tasks. The
nice part about a plastic scoop is that it doesn't wreck wood floors,
carpet, tile, etc like a metal scoop.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D