Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Any idea how to jury rig a dirty water pump to drain the last3 inches?

On 4/24/2015 1:59 AM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:10:09 -0700, Oren wrote:

Sure beats a shovel to fill a homer bucket. Moving 5 gallons at a
time.

I'll vote for the shovel. However, it should be a show shovel as I've
been repeatedly recommending. Each shovel full holds about 1/2 gallon
or 4 lbs of water, which is about right. Any more would be too heavy.
Any less, too much shoveling. The best part is that it picks up both
the water and the green slime on the bottom of the pool at the same
time. No clogs, no jammed pump, and ready to compost in the trash
barrel.

Oops. No wonder I couldn't find my shovel on the Ace web pile. It's
not a snow shovel, but rather a "grain scoop":
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3495129

The snow shovels found in NYS won't hold a half
gal of water:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...SnowShovel.png

The grain scoop might be handy for a list of jobs.

--
..
Christopher A. Young