Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Any idea how to jury rig a dirty water pump to drain the last 3 inches?

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:48:23 -0700, Oren wrote:

Even a drill mount pump

"Drill Powered Pump professional drill powered pump tool.
Ideal for use with clearing blocked sinks, toilets, dishwashers, water
heaters, aquariums, pools... and the list could go on."

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/drill-pump

Yech. I had to drain a small swamp under a rental house when the
plumbing blew. I had a drill pump and never used it. The problem is
that they have no volumetric capacity. My guess is about 1/2 gallon
per minute at best. It also can't handle much of a head. Lifting
even a few gallons in a 3/4" garden hose up out of a pool is going to
take more than what a drill pump can supply. After about an hour of
dribbling water and endless clogging, I gave up, rented a proper trash
pump, and did the job in a few minutes. The drill pump went into the
recycling pile.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D