Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Any idea how to jury rig a dirty water pump to drain the last 3inches?

J Burns wrote, on Wed, 22 Apr 2015 14:04:14 -0400:

Is a green pool a kind of swimming pool? To drain the neighbor's
swimming pool, we turned a valve to "drain" and switched on the pump.

This is a "fancy" self cleaning pool that doesn't have a main drain cock
nor even a vacuum pump (nor do the skimmers filter anything whatsoever).

You can open up the pool equipment, for example, at the filter, which
will drain maybe half, maybe a bit more or less than half the pool
(which is roughly about 20,000 gallons at the halfway mark).

The next 20,000 gallons is never coming out unless it evaporates or
it's pumped out.

I had siphoned it all out, but, with all the moving of the siphon
hose against the hard side of the pool, I ended up gouging out
a hole.
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7675/1...f528726c_c.jpg

Any idea if this tear is easily fixable (or is the 30-foot length
now useless)?
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7714/1...abba6c49_c.jpg