Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer Pro Amp With No Model Number, Anyone Ever See One OfThese ?

"I guess you missed the joy of the low end Pioneer receivers that had what we call the "music to smoke converter" module. It was a Borg type cube"

Oh no, I just didn't do audio at th time except for a few high end us-nius came in. I was doing rear projection mostly, where the money was. But I saw them. they gave up on fixing them and were ordering them somnewehere and dropping them in. the parts guy at that place was FANTASTIC. I would say "See if you can get htis, if not I'll work on it sone more". He would have in two days. I have no idea how he does it. He is doing oit for their shop up here and oin FLorida where they are about to semi retire. they already have a shop and once the shop up here is sold he goes down ther and works with his partner down there and thety forget about all this snow n ****. At least that's the plane. Problem is the shop is down to fifty grand and still not selling. they probably shouldv'e sold out about 15 years ago back ewhen I workded for them.

The7 ****ed up alot of audio. They are simply NOT an audio shop. they could be wit me but I was no longer willing to work full time, and thenm part timee, and then traded jobs with a guy who lived nearer there and we both saved 20 miles on our commute. And it worked out I guess. None of these Tv places really evr wantd to do audio.

But I wish I could use their parts guy. Today it wouldn't matter as much for a lot of reasons, but his ability to gt parts really made the difference and we watched tho competition go under again and again.

but yes, I am aware of Pioneer's back eye which send them to the bottom end.. you know at one time they buillt what is known as the SX-1980. OPne of the best receivers ever. and now I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with the best of their best today. Oh yeah, I know it is not sold at Walmart, but if they'll put that name on that, they'll put it on anything. Fukum, they are dead. Stick a fork in them, they are done.