Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Rheilly Phoull[_2_] Rheilly Phoull[_2_] is offline

Default Installing FTDI drivers?

On 26/03/15 11:51 PM, DaveC wrote:
I want to experiment a little with Arduino. Apparently I need to install FTDI
serial drivers to communicate with the Arduino board.

I¹m quite wary about bricking my Arduino, remembering the recent FTDI driver
scandal. (Who knows by sight which chips are legitimate and which are
counterfeit?) ::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTDI#Driver_controversy

Is it safe to install the FTDI driver for OS X listed on FTDI¹s download
page? ::

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

If not, where to get drivers for OS X?

Thanks,
Dave

Have you visited the Arduino site ??
You would be safe enough with stuff from there.