Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Dennis Dennis is offline

Default Installing FTDI drivers?

On 03/26/2015 10:51 AM, DaveC wrote:
I want to experiment a little with Arduino. Apparently I need to install FTDI
serial drivers to communicate with the Arduino board.

Iım quite wary about bricking my Arduino, remembering the recent FTDI driver
scandal. (Who knows by sight which chips are legitimate and which are
counterfeit?) ::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTDI#Driver_controversy

Is it safe to install the FTDI driver for OS X listed on FTDIıs download
page? ::

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

If not, where to get drivers for OS X?

Thanks,
Dave

It may be a moot point - the last couple of versions of real Arduino
boards don't use FTDI chips. They use an Atmega chip with a USB interface.
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUno