Posted to sci.electronics.repair
humbled valiant humbled valiant is offline

Default 66 block question

My 66M block arrived and I discovered clip 1 = clip 2 | clip 3 = clip 4 of
row 1, where "=" means electrically connected and "|" means electrically
isolated, on row 1. Similarly, row 1 | row 2 | row 3, . . . | row 50. That
means that on row 1, column 1 = column 2 | column 3 = column.

My $15 punch down tool arrived but the 66 blade only punches down and cuts.
I can do all the cutting, grind the blade off and do all of the weaving.

Since I only need to join 2 cables at 6 pairs to 6 pairs in each of 3
locations, I only need 36 rows, I can use my bandsaw and cut 12 rows each,
leaving the last 14 rows to join 4 cables at 6 pairs each using bridge
clips.

It doesn't look like I need to strip the wires on this block, since the
clips taper down towards the foot.

Any comments?

Thank all of you for your input.

Regards, Jon