Posted to sci.electronics.repair
humbled valiant humbled valiant is offline

Default 66 block question

I have designed, built and tested a telephone/intercom circuit for 4
buildings, and got everything to work.

http://www.stonetabernacle.com/compound_circuit.html

Next I have to connect 4 cables (6 pairs of wire per cable) in the shop
(central location) and hook in the other buildings (house, barn and machine
shop)

I just don't understand how the clips on a 66 block are connected to each
other. Are the rows connected?
Are the rows split? Are the columns connected? Are the columns split?

I ordered one to see but it hasn't arrived yet. I also got some bridge
connectors for the 66 block. This isn't a major loss if it won't work, but
I can't see if it will or won't.

All 4 of the Blues have to be connected together
All 4 of the White-blues
All 4 of the Oranges
All 4 of the White-oranges
All 4 of the Greens
All 4 of the White-greens
All 4 of the Browns
All 4 of the White-browns
All 4 of the Slates
All 4 of the White-slates
All 4 of the Reds
All 4 of the Blue-reds

(All 4 of the cables enclosing 6 pairs of wire each must be connected this
way in the shop location)

Moreover,

All 2 of the Blues have to be connected together
All 2 of the White-blues
All 2 of the Oranges
All 2 of the White-oranges
All 2 of the Greens
All 2 of the White-greens
All 4 of the Browns
All 2 of the White-browns
All 2 of the Slates
All 2 of the White-slates
All 2 of the Reds
All 2 of the Blue-reds

..... in each the House, Barn and Machine Shop.

So far I've used about 100 3-wire buttconnectors to get to this point.

Can someone please help? I tried to Google the answer but nothing is on
there about how a 66 block is wired. Do I need something like this? :

http://www.discount-low-voltage.com/...cks/SE-66B1-12

Regards, Jon