Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Speaker problems

Dave Frazier wrote:

I've opened up the amp but anything to do with
the circuit board (capacitors) looks well above
my level.

Unfortunately I live 1,600km from a repair shop.

I can work a volt meter am I looking for a watt
level produced before the speaker does it automatic
restarts as afore mentioned in the original post.

** Try disconnecting the 15 inch speaker - a burnt voice coil might just produce the symptoms you are seeing. Check its resistance with your meter.

Behringer stuff is notoriously difficult to repair and Behringer will not supply schematics - so few independent techs are willing to even look at one.

The B115 is Chinese in design and manufacture, uses switching technology everywhere and is full of surface mount components. IOW it's a nightmare.

$400 buys you another one and may be your cheapest option, particularly if you need to use the speaker soon.

.... Phil