Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default CATV RF Notch Filter

On Friday, February 20, 2015 at 8:26:01 AM UTC-5, Bruce Esquibel wrote:
wrote:

I never made a NF (Notch Filter), but I am thinking about making a "stub"
(I think that's the term) NF for CATV to "block" a single "channel" coming in
on the digital TV cable system. Note: This "channel" consists of ANNOYING
ads/promos that you can not avoid or "turn off" when you use the "On Demand"
feature to look at a list of "on demand" available movies, TV shows, music
videos, etc.

I know the frequency, which by the way is between 200 and 300Mhz.

I think you need to look up building a better tin-foil hat, the one you are
using isn't working.

I used to mess around with cable notch filters back when the systems were
all analog and I can't see where you came up with this idea to work on
digital systems. It's just not the same thing.

In other words hardwire or air broadcasts visible on today's High Definition Cable/Dish TV are in digital broadcasts only. And that is in:

A.) High speed online

or

B.) Satellite Dish.

Even that may be wrong, because you can hook your phone up to TV or computer and get internet that way. Internet now gives you radio, TV, etc.

So only a software program (now called an app) can code, decode or recode these broadcasts. Their app vs yours. Only the providers' help desks can help you - and that's if they're allowed to.