Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jackson30904@private.com is offline

Default Will this damage anything?

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 07:42:23 +0000, N_Cook wrote:

On 26/02/2015 06:44, wrote:
I have a flat screen LCD computer monitor which needs a transformer for
power. I dont have this transformer. I can get one on ebay for around
$15, but before I spend the money, I want to make sure the monitor
works. It needs 24 volts at 1.2 Amps DC. I have one from an old Laptop
computer that has an output of 16 volts 3.6 Amps DC. The amperage is
fine, but the voltage is 8 volts low. The power plug (to monitor) is
the same as needed.

I just want to be sure the monitor powers up and operate it for a
minute. Is there any chance of damaging the monitor or transformer of I
connect it to the monitor? Or will it even power it up?

correct polarity?

YES