Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Electric toothbrush.

The rechargeable battery died on my electric toothbrush - after a few
minutes looking at prices online, I reached for the Dremel!

A 4x AAA battery holder and some hot melt glue, and its working again, the
difficulty arises from the 4x 1/3 AA battery assembly was as if a core to
the pick up coil for the no leads charging stand.

Unfortunately I neglected to refit the scrap battery, so the pick up coil no
longer has a big fat shorted turn in the middle of it - when I stood it in
the charging stand, the charge LED looked a bit over-bright.

I could just take out the AAA cells and put them in a regular charger, but I
kind of like the convenience of the charging stand.

How bad can it be?!

Thanks for any advice.