Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default I love it when problems have neat solutions

"Regulations are there to protect us from the sociopaths. If you think
there are too many regulations then work to get rid of the stupid ones,
but not the ones that protect your children from being poisoned by
careless food processing companies! And so on... "

I hear ya Man. Food companies don't give a ****, and what's more they da,mnear get away with what they want because of lobbyists. That is whyt there are so many medical problems, the food is no good. (I am speaking about the US mainly, alot of people in other countries wouldn't touch our **** with a ten foot pole)

So they use a SWAT team to stamps out the sales of raw milk which is nowhere near as dangerous as they make out, but put sugar and hydrogenated oils in foods.

Of am of the ilk who believes that certain businesses should be regulated, otherwise generally libertarian. I think small Mom and Pop businesses should be largely left alone. I think restaurants should be inspected from time to time. the way they do it now with all the code requirements it makes it cost twice as much to build a commercial kitchen, and for nothing. In six months the place could be covered with grease and hav e million cockroaches crawling around. They could have cooked and raw meat together. Ever watch Hell's Kitchen or Kitchen Nightmares ? I didn't notice any inspectors there except the guy on the show. I did not see any "condemned" signs there. So the system does not work.

You know, there are people in this world who are responsible and do want to do what's right. If they own a restaurant they set high standard for clenliness for example. If they build an automobile it will not be unsafe because they are "socially" responsible. They take care to not hurt anyone because it is wrong, not because they wioll get in trouble.

There are fewer and fewer such people it seems. That is why they have to be regulated.

Some, the few, could be just fine in an anarchy. They would not need speed limits because they would look at the road and say "Oh, this is a side street so I'll only go X miles per hour". In fact even today most people do slow down below the speed limit when the roads are slick etc., and then some do not.

I would like to find a ****load of people who are responsible adults who do tae care for the rights and wellbeing of others and we all go to somewhere, take over some land and just be by ourselves and let the idiots all kill each other.