Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default High Z And Low Z Mics

Well I told them they could probably use a high impedance mic on it successfully. I alkso told them tha tI MIGHT be able to make it work with a low impedace mic but it would have to be adapted to ¼". I did not modify the XLR input. It is separate and goes to the other side of the dual OP AMP. The outputs are mixed after that. Maybe they did that to make it work better if you want to use both inputs simultaneaously. Why else ? Alot of things I se just use a couple of resistors, and that also gives them balance ¼" capability. But not this one. No ring at all, just shield and tip.

I think the guy is just going to use a high ipedance mic on it and be done with it. I stuck one rsistor in it, I paralleled a 33K with a 10K. That should quadruple the voltage gain right ?

I didn't want to go higher gain because then it would be way too touchy on a line input like a mixer. I would do it, but if so I would mark it, that it is no longer a line level input.

It probably owuld have been better to modify the XLR input gain. It is more logical but it takes more reverse engineering. tyhat means time and money and htis place doens't want ot make too much. Their rates are very low, which is something we will have to discuss one of these days. Seems like more stuff is coming in though. The one main place in town charges over double what they charge. Get a foothold aand then I will tell them what they should be charging. By then I will know what I am talking about because I will research it.

But really, the same bull**** exists as in the TV business. People put 25 amp fuses in, stick paper or something under whatever to make it work. Let their idiot borther in law work on it.

Got an amp I almost rejected but the boss said it belongs to our pizza guy. Someone puit a wrong screw in the front panel ant it busted the cleat OUT OF ALUMINUM ! And I have never had to drill out more screws in my life. Soldered it up a binch of times and now the thing won't come out of protect. ****can it, I already got too much time in it to even lose reasonable money at what they charge.

And that one with the class D Icepower module ? I put a note on it, forget it and stick it out there and then find out LATER that they just sold the thing !

Same ****, different day and less money.

Whatever. Go ahead and rant, I do.