Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default REQ: HM Keb Mo - The whole Enchilada Probably a longshot,but it's a great song...

On 2015-03-19 20:45:40 +0000, G. Ross said:

Mac Davis wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 11:50:31 -0400, "G. Ross"
wrote:

Good to hear from you, anyway.

You too, my friend.... How's your DVR doing?

I still love it. Lightning blew out the circuit board 2-3 years ago
and had to get it replaced. It was plugged into a "surge protector"
but not turned on. Now I unplug it when not in use. Expensive
education.

I have mine plugged into a "high grade" arrestor. But what probably
saves things is the ($$$$) panel mounted surge arrestors installed in
the main panel.

Since I went to the main panel arrestor I haven't lost a single device.
That's been..... 20 years? Before that I lost something far more
frequently

I forgot to say I also have a panel arrestor in the shop and in the
house. The lightning struck a tree about 10 ft. from the wall where
the lathe was plugged in. It also took out my well pump and several
telephones. I have also gone to "high grade" arrestors throughout the
shop and house. The surge probably went through the ground to the
buried line to the pump and buried phone lines and came backward from
there.

--
 GW Ross

 People who live in stone houses