Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default REQ: HM Keb Mo - The whole Enchilada Probably a longshot, but it's a great song...

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:16:24 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Mac Davis
wrote:

It's on the iTunes store, Mac.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/th...41175676?i=441
175677

I posted to the wrong group, Dave... Sorry
Re-posted to the karaoke group and a friend made the traack for me..
Awesome song...
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Mac Davis wrote:
On Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:16:24 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Mac Davis
wrote:

It's on the iTunes store, Mac.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/th...41175676?i=441
175677

I posted to the wrong group, Dave... Sorry
Re-posted to the karaoke group and a friend made the traack for me..
Awesome song...

Good to hear from you, anyway.

--
 GW Ross

 People who live in stone houses
 shouldn't throw glasses.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 11:50:31 -0400, "G. Ross"
wrote:

Good to hear from you, anyway.

You too, my friend.... How's your DVR doing?
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

Good to hear from you, anyway.

You too, my friend.... How's your DVR doing?

I still love it. Lightning blew out the circuit board 2-3 years ago
and had to get it replaced. It was plugged into a "surge protector"
but not turned on. Now I unplug it when not in use. Expensive education.

--
 GW Ross

 People who live in stone houses
 shouldn't throw glasses.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

Good to hear from you, anyway.

You too, my friend.... How's your DVR doing?

I still love it. Lightning blew out the circuit board 2-3 years ago
and had to get it replaced. It was plugged into a "surge protector"
but not turned on. Now I unplug it when not in use. Expensive
education.

I have mine plugged into a "high grade" arrestor. But what probably
saves things is the ($$$$) panel mounted surge arrestors installed in
the main panel.

Since I went to the main panel arrestor I haven't lost a single device.
That's been..... 20 years? Before that I lost something far more
frequently

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

Good to hear from you, anyway.

You too, my friend.... How's your DVR doing?

I still love it. Lightning blew out the circuit board 2-3 years ago
and had to get it replaced. It was plugged into a "surge protector"
but not turned on. Now I unplug it when not in use. Expensive
education.

I have mine plugged into a "high grade" arrestor. But what probably
saves things is the ($$$$) panel mounted surge arrestors installed in
the main panel.

Since I went to the main panel arrestor I haven't lost a single device.
That's been..... 20 years? Before that I lost something far more
frequently

I forgot to say I also have a panel arrestor in the shop and in the
house. The lightning struck a tree about 10 ft. from the wall where
the lathe was plugged in. It also took out my well pump and several
telephones. I have also gone to "high grade" arrestors throughout the
shop and house. The surge probably went through the ground to the
buried line to the pump and buried phone lines and came backward from
there.

--
 GW Ross

 People who live in stone houses
 shouldn't throw glasses.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On 2015-03-20 19:15:22 +0000, G. Ross said:

I forgot to say I also have a panel arrestor in the shop and in the
house. The lightning struck a tree about 10 ft. from the wall where
the lathe was plugged in. It also took out my well pump and several
telephones. I have also gone to "high grade" arrestors throughout the
shop and house. The surge probably went through the ground to the
buried line to the pump and buried phone lines and came backward from
there.

Sounds like a back-EMP in the ground. Our last bad one blew light-bulbs
up (44KV line dropped on the 440 line)

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

wrote:

Good to hear from you, anyway.

You too, my friend.... How's your DVR doing?

I still love it. Lightning blew out the circuit board 2-3 years ago
and had to get it replaced. It was plugged into a "surge protector"
but not turned on. Now I unplug it when not in use. Expensive education.

I'm glad that I don't live in a lightning area!
I was thinking of changing mine over to 220v, but really can't see
where I need the claimed HP increase...
I left it on 110v when it was new because using it without a surge
protecter voided the warranty, and 220v SP's were way too expensive...

I've turned 100's of pieces without ever noticing a power problem, so
"If it ain't broke"..lol

I was thinking of you a few months ago when one of our dogwood bowls
came back to me... The lady that bought it in the charity auction was
moving and asked me to donate it again, which I did...
Your karma is still working, my friend...