Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default no more Jet for me

On 2/25/2015 4:07 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:24:48 -0600
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

FWIW about 8 years ago I bought a Laguna LT16HD. I bought a 18"
Rikon to replace a small Craftsman. I kept the Rikon about a week
and returned it. It more closely performed like the Craftsman
compared to the Laguna. I love the Laguna, it stays set and very
little tweaking needs to be done with blade size changes. And it
tracks perfectly.

the videos I saw it looked like you could make veneer on the laguna

Absolutely, with the right blade. I also have the Laguna ResawKing
blade. I have cut red oak veneer so thin that you can see through the
pores. A worthless veneer but cool to be able to do that.

I never heard of laguna when I bought jet stuff

Not new by any stretch, I can remember seeing Laguna way back when.
Probably 30+ years

my impression of laguna is that they don't just copy things from other
manufacturers they rethink the design and it seems to be a succesful
strategy

Well actually they have other manufacturers build their equipment and
they enhance it. The upper end BS's are Italian. Most of the good stuff
is European. Some of the Platinum series is Taiwan.

btw lagauna are moving and having a huge sale that I can't participate
in but others might be able to if in So. Calif.

Yes Laguna are moving. '~)