Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - This is really begining to suck...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
web.com...

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

I'm thinking about going fishing this afternoon. There was a bit of
a cold wind came in last night. If I go fishing I might take a
jacket, and I might not.

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Folks up here are thinking the same way. Rumor has it that the ice is
about 2 feet thick on Lake Ontario and other smaller lakes in the area.
I guess that's good for ice fishing...

"Bob La Londe" wrote:

Yeah, but I would bet those folks will take a jacket.... or a parka.
LOL.

Western end of Lake Erie is about 30 ft.

Reports indicate the is about 8 ft of ice.

Fishing is good even if temps are below zero.

8 ft of ice on the west end? Wow! I did a little ice fishing on Erie
back in the winter of 80/81, and I don't recall ever drilling more than 3
or 4 feet. With 8 feet they can drive trucks out to the islands for
supply runs. I can't imagine having to drill 8 feet of ice to go fishing
though. Drilling four little holes through 4 feet tuckered me out pretty
good.

FYI I did go fishing. I didn't take a jacket, and I didn't get back until
after dark. I caught fish, and I didn't need to drill no stinking ice.
LOL. I did take some ice to keep my sodas cold though.

Going out again today with a buddy of mine. We'll probably come in after
dark. I'll take a jacket, but only to cut the wind when he lights up the
big motor.