Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default OT - This is really begining to suck...

On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:57:47 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Markem wrote:
On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:06:47 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Markem wrote:

The coldest I have ever felt, was on the flightline in North
Carolina, it was only -10F. But it was snowing, and there was not a
cloud in the sky.

Seymore Johson AFB?

Seymour Johnson AFB, home of the 4th Tactical Fighter wing.

Moto, 4th but 1st, which works out to be "fourth to help ya, first to
**** ya".

Close enough on the spelling, yes Jan 75 through July 78

Can't remember the exact dates but I was there somewhere around '73 to '74.
I was Air Launched Guided Missiles. Still cannot forget that great big
billboard right outside of the gate near the BUFFs and on the way to the
bomb dump, that the KKK had put up - white knight on his stallion and all
that crap - recruiting members. As a northern boy - I just could not
believe my eyes!

Used to consider the Bijou theater downtown to be one of the cheap treats
for a weekend. Learned to love HushPuppies the way southerners make them!
Never learned to appreciate them damned grits - why in the hell would anyone
want to eat that crap? Did love riding my Triumph at night - through the
winding roads that followed the Noose (probably spelled incorrectly...)
River and all of that really cool hanging Spanish Moss. Kinda like some
sort of movie stuff.

I was a 462xx Weapons mechanic (fancy name for bomb loader). The KKK
sign just out of Smithfield on the way to Raleigh, the one outside the
base burned down before I got there. What I remember is the BBQ joint
out the back gate, saw a news piece about it when Clinton was POTUS.