Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - This is really begining to suck...

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 2/24/2015 10:34 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Can't say I really love winter, and for sure - I'm really tired of
the zero and sub-zero temperatures this year, but having said that,
my standard outer wear for this kind of weather is a hooded, zip up
sweatshirt and a windbreaker.(just a standard spring/fall weight
windbreaker). I'm just getting tired of having to wear it in the
damned living room...

I'm thankful for heated seats and remote starters. My car has an
excellent heater at -15 too.

Funny you should mention that. My wife and I were just comparing the warm
up times of our two cars. My '06 Sonata will start to throw warm air within
less than a mile of driving, from a cold start in the garage. Her '10 Forte
takes 5 or 6 miles down the road to begin to throw heat. By the time I'm
1.5 miles down the road I can turn the blower on full and be getting full
blown heat - she's still shivering in her car. I have a 6 cylinder in my
Sonata and she has a 4 in her Forte - you'd think hers would warm up
quicker, but that's not the case. Neither of us have heated seats - well,
to be honest, she has a pretty hot seat, but that's a different matter...
She does have remote start though, so she gets to cheat and warm the car up
before leaving.

--

-Mike-