Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - This is really begining to suck...

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:29:20 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 2/24/2015 5:36 PM, Max wrote:
On 2/24/2015 1:38 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Having spent a year within 60 miles of the arctic circle on the end a
wide open peninsula with nothing except a couple of buildings to
block the wind, I can, without a doubt, state that wind chill is not
"media hype". It is not only very uncomfortable, but extremely
dangerous.

I disagree - in my opinion it is all media hype. We know that it is
cold in
the winter and that when the wind blows, it's even worse. We really
do not
need the hype of showing even lower temperatures, to know that it's
cold out
there. I grew up long before the age of "wind chill factor". Guess
what -
we knew it was cold out there and we either dressed for it, or took
refuge
in the manners that you describe. We did not need a flunky weatherman to
tell us the exagerated version of how cold it was. Common sense and all
that.

Common sense isn't as common as it used to be. ;-)

It is still common, it's just that a person with common sense 40 years
ago would look like a genius by comparison today.
The standards for the common sense rating have been dumbed down so that
one one will be offended. Give that dummy a trophy!

Here's your sign!