Bruce Ferguson

Default Boiling?

I think in a nutshell Russells protacol calls for boiling 1 hour per inch of
thickness as a minimum. Hes says it can go longer. The big thing is when
you start your watch. if the water is boiling and you drop in your bowls
the boiling stops. The hour stars when you have a rapid boil again. Same
for adding water. The clock runs when the water is boiling again. I have
not tried this yet still doing LLD, but I have heard him explain it several
times. Most detail would be his web site that has been posted.

Bruce
"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...
This weekend another turner was telling me about a seminar he attended.

The
instructor--sorry, I've forgotten his name--recommended accelerating the
process of drying a rough green-turned bowl by boiling it in water for
approx. 30 minutes. He claimed it reduced the drying time from 6-9 months
to more like a few weeks.

Has anyone heard of this? Is it valid?

Max